The PHILIPPINE OBSTETRICAL AND GYNECOLOGICAL SOCIETY is committed to protect and respect your personal data privacy. This Personal Data Privacy Notice and Consent Form was prepared in accordance with the Data Privacy Act of 2012 together with its Implementing Rules and Regulations. It sets out our personal information protection to our members and individuals whom we deal within our organization.
Please note that we may amend this Data Privacy Notice and Consent Form at any time without prior notice and will notify you of any such amendment via our website or by email.
We collect and process the following personal information from you when you manually or electronically submit to us upon your application and in the course of your membership with POGS:
- Full name
- Home address
- Email address
- Date of birth
- Civil Status
- Family Background
- Face/photo, fingerprints or handwriting
- Contact numbers
- Government issued ID numbers
- Medical history and condition
- Educational background
- Professional background
The collected personal information is utilized solely for the following purposes:
- Application for membership in the Society
- Eligibility for written and oral examinations with the Philippine Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Evaluation on the authenticity of all credentials for approval of membership in the Society
- Update and verification of status of membership in the Society
- Deliberate on financial delinquency cases submitted by the Finance Committee for proper censure and disciplinary action
- Benefits of members in the exercise of their rights and privileges in the Society
- Coordinate and prepare activities for Midyear Convention, Annual Convention and Committee on Continuing Medical Education of the PMA and Continuing Professional Development by PRC
- Documentation of activities and archiving within the Society
- Disciplinary sanctions, such as censure, suspension or expulsion, after due investigation
- Application for Mutual Assistance Program of the Society
- Promotion and marketing of Society’s activities
- Residents In-Service Examinations
The said data is not shared with any outside parties without your consent unless the law and our rules allow us to. We hold this personal information data and use it to monitor and report on your progress, and assess the status of your membership with the Society.
Only authorized POGS personnel has access to these personal information, the exchange of which will be facilitated through email and hard copy. They will be stored in a database for five (5) years or as long as needed by the Society after which physical records shall be disposed of through shredding, while digital files shall be kept in our files for as long as necessary.
Data transfer and sharing
Where POGS consider it necessary or appropriate for the purposes of data storage or processing or providing any service or product on our behalf to you, we may transfer your personal information to third parties within or outside the Philippines, under conditions of confidentiality and similar levels of security safeguards.
Access and Correction
You have the right to ask for a copy of any personal information we hold about you, including existing data sharing agreement with third parties, as well as to ask for it to be corrected if you think it is wrong. To do so, please contact the Data Protection Officer, MS. SANDRA JOY ERAMIS, and/or Data Privacy Compliance Officer (COP), at the following contact information (02)921-7647 / 921-7557, E-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org
To all Life Members, Fellows 2017 and earlier with paid annual dues before June 30, 2021, and ALL Residents of POGS accredited hospitals (training and service) you have been pre-registered. No need to register. Your access codes will be sent to your email.
Registration fees after June 30, 2021 are as follows
|On or before AUGUST 31, 2021||SEPTEMBER 1, 2021 to OCTOBER 22, 2021|
|Members aged 65 years and above||FREE||FREE|
|FELLOWS 2017 and earlier with paid annual dues before June 30, 2021||FREE||FREE|
|RESIDENTS of POGS accredited hospitals (training and service)||FREE||FREE|
|FELLOWS||PhP 2,500.00||PhP 3,000.00|
|DIPLOMATES||PhP 2,700.00||PhP 3,200.00|
|NON-MEMBERS||PhP 3,000.00||PhP 3,500.00|
|JUNIOR MEMBERS||PhP 2,400.00||PhP 2,900.00|
|ALLIED HEALTH PROFESSIONALS||PhP 2,000.00||PhP 2,500.00|
|INTERNATIONAL DELEGATES||USD 300.00||USD 350.00|
ONLINE FUND TRANSFER
GCash / PayMaya (send to POGS BDO Bank Account only)
Account Name: POGS
Account Number: 007640004729
Bank Name: Banco De Oro, Katipunan Branch
Online Transfer: BDO Unibank
A copy of the transactions and/or payment confirmation should be sent through email once the online fund transfer is successfully accomplished for timely recording of your payment. Payment will not be acknowledged unless proof of payment with complete name and purpose of payment will be emailed to email@example.com.
Over-the-counter with Reference Number (Get first your Reference Number from POGS)
For your assigned Reference Number, please call POGS Secretariat Office with the following contact numbers:
Tel. Nos. (02)8921-9089 and (02)8922-0195
(For POGS members, your Reference Number was also indicated in your Annual Dues Statement of Account sent to your email).
Account Name: POGS
Account Number: 007640004729
Bank Name: Banco De Oro, Katipunan Branch
COURIER / WALK-IN
Send payment or pay directly to POGS Secretariat Office at:
#56 Malakas Street, Diliman, Quezon City 1100
Check payment should be payable to “POGS” or Philippine Obstetrical and Gynecological Society (Foundation), Inc.
(thru POGS Annual Convention site)
PayPal (Credit Card and Debit Card)
Any member entitled to free registration must conform with the procedures set forth by the Committee on Registration. Registration in any other form shall not be honored.
“NO TRANSFER, NO REFUND, ” policy will be strictly enforced for multiple registration of a single participant.
For registration inquiry, please contact
POGS Secretariat: Ms. Renalyn Lat
Office Address: Philippine Obstetrical and Gynecological Society
#56 Malakas St. Diliman Quezon City 1100
Telephone Nos.: (02)89219089 and (02)89220195
PROGRAM AT A GLANCE
Abstract Submission Deadline: August 31, 2021, 11:59 PM
Thank you for our interest in submitting your abstract to the POGS 2021 Annual Convention and 75th Diamond Anniversary Celebration.
Before submitting your abstract, please make sure that you review the Guidelines for Abstract Submission below. Please also make sure that you use the ABSTRACT SUBMISSION FORM, submitted as a WORD format.
POGS 2021 ANNUAL CONVENTION AND 75TH DIAMOND ANNIVERSARY CELEBRATION
GUIDELINES FOR ABSTRACT SUBMISSION
The Committee on Scientific Work Abstracts is inviting all medical professionals to submit interesting case and research paper abstracts for the POGS 2021 Annual Convention and 75th Diamond Anniversary Celebration which will be held on November 9-12, 2021.
Abstract submission is open to all residents, fellows and consultants. There is no limit to the number of abstracts an author may submit.
All submitted abstracts will be considered for oral or poster presentation.
- ORAL PRESENTATION – 16 abstracts will be accepted for oral presentation (8 research papers and 8 interesting case papers). Presenting authors of accepted abstracts will be requested to prepare a 10-minute video presentation, a 2-minute preview video presentation and an e-poster. TOP 3 ORAL PRESENTATIONS for each category will be awarded.
- POSTER PRESENTATION – 40 abstractswill be accepted for poster presentation. These may include interesting case and research papers. Finalists (non-winners) of the POGS Research and Interesting Case Paper Contests will be invited (with the option to opt out) to present their paper as poster presentations.Presenting authors of accepted abstracts will be requested to prepare an e-poster and a 2-minute audio presentation. TOP 3 POSTER PRESENTATIONS will be awarded.
All submitted abstracts must be original works, and not previously published. They should be submitted in their final form. The content cannot be modified or corrected in any way after final submission.
Submission acknowledges the author’s acceptance for the abstract to be published in the E-book of Abstracts.
Abstracts should be submitted in the provided ABSTRACT SUBMISSION FORM as Word format, with the following specifications:
- TITLE (limited to 25 words)
- Presenting Author
- TEXT (limited to 250-300 words)
- For research papers, the following should be included:
- Methodology (to include study design and sample size)
- Results (include values, percentages)
- For interesting case papers, the following should be included:
- Introduction (significance of the case)
- Case (course of the patient)
Incomplete abstracts, or abstracts stating “data will be discussed in the presentation” will not be accepted.
Presenting authors of accepted abstracts must be registered (FREE REGISTRATION) in the Annual Convention. The registration must be received by the organizers by October 15, 2021 in order to ensure inclusion of the abstracts in the Scientific Program, Hall of Abstracts and E-book of Abstracts.
Abstracts may be submitted through the POGS 2021 Annual Convention and 75th Diamond Anniversary Celebration Website or through email (firstname.lastname@example.org). A confirmation email will be sent to acknowledge receipt of submitted abstract. Deadline for submission is on August 31, 2021.
For any questions pertaining to abstract submission, authors may send an email to the committee using the abovementioned email address or call the POGS Secretariat Ms. Rose Guinto at 09564728170.